Tuesday, August 13, 2013

april 2013: fun with the fuzz 5k


this was our second year running the fun with the fuzz 5k here in Bellingham.  all of the proceeds go to the behind the badge foundation which helps families of fallen police officers.  a really great cause.  and it's super fun!  especially when i get to run with my hubs!  we sprinted across the finish line (yes i finished with a sprint this time) with a time of 26.36.  my best time yet for a 5k.  i blame that on scotty because he had me running faster than my normal, comfortable, pace.  i finished 32/161 for my age in women, 91/649 for all women, and 267/1069 overall.  granted it was a fun run and it wasn't really competitive at all, but i was still impressed with myself.  way to go me!  i'm trying to work my way up to a 15k.  sooner or later i'll get there.  :) 

1 comment:

Tif said...

I love all the blog catch up!

I also love that you and Scotty do this together. I am hoping John will start running with me-at least 5Ks. And that's an AWESOME 5K time! Way to go!