I've always really enjoyed the month of October. fall is officially here. the sun we enjoyed so much in September has been chased away and we're back to the gray skies and the rain that are so characteristic of western Washington. the air is crisp and the colors of leaves change to shades of vibrant reds, oranges and yellows. we also get to indulge in all the yummy autumn treats including CARAMEL APPLES!
my sister shanna and I trade off babysitting so we can get out for dates with our husbands every so often. we love having ryan and jackson over to play. cousins are the best! this particular evening we were building our own pizza's for dinner. the kids thought it was pretty fun.
| ryan has the best "cheese" face! |
| jackson's masterpiece. |
| the pizza artists at work. |
| this is the work of miss brooklin. |
my two little skeletons. we love halloween around here!
brooklin's class took a field trip to the pumpkin patch at boxx berry farm. it was quite a nasty day out, but that didn't stop them from having fun. the kids each got to pick out a pumpkin to take home. I was trying to hurry brooklin along because I was ready to get out of the wind and rain, but she wanted to make sure she had the perfect one.
brooklin and lauren loved the barrel train ride, but I guess there were a few kids who were ready to get off. it was quite cold and miserable.
| time to warm up inside! |
| look at that pink nose! |
this picture cracks me up. I guess lauren just wanted to have it all. she couldn't decide between hot chocolate, milk or water. I guess it's a girl's prerogative.
daddy missed out on the field trip to the pumpkin patch so we decided to go back out and get more with him later that day. lauren thought she was going to pull the wagon and wouldn't let us talk her out of it. she eventually let someone help her out.
no, we didn't carve all of these pumpkins. we had our annual pumpkin carving party with our friends the dahlstroms, lydiards, and the calders were there for a few minutes via skype. but silly me, I didn't take any other pictures that evening. I guess I was having too much fun. either that or I was trying to keep my kids from spreading pumpkin goo all over the house. maybe both.
for halloween this year our costume theme was goldilocks and the three bears. I made all of the costumes except lauren's. I have to say, I think i'm done making costumes. it's just too much stress. i'm not that great of a seamstress, but i'm a perfectionist, so that just doesn't work out too well for me.
| our beautiful goldilocks! |
our usual trunk-or-treat at the church had to be relocated inside because of the nasty weather.
lucky for us the nasty weather let up and the girls were able to do some real trick-or-treating around our neighborhood. they had so much fun and collected quite the haul of candy.
| brooklin was great at showing lauren how to trick-or-treat. |
1 comment:
Your costumes are by far better than anything you could buy. Loved last year's theme!
Post a Comment