Monday, February 25, 2013

december 2012: part 1

christmas tree hunting, the jingle bell run, crew christmas party, and brooklin's preschool program.  the first part of the month was jam packed full of fun activities for us!
 
 
our perfect tree!
 the trees at the farm that we usually go to are getting
 rather tall, but we found one that had a perfect break near
 the top that allowed us to cut it to size.

this was our second year doing the jingle bell run for arthritis, and I really hope it becomes a tradition we continue for many years.  there are several people in my life who have struggled with this terrible disease so it's a good opportunity for me to help a little and remember them and the hardship they have.


 

ready to go run for a good cause!

our crew Christmas party this year consisted of chili courtesy of crystal, an ugly sweater contest, caroling, hot chocolate and Christmas lights.  it was a lot of fun and memories were made.

the whole crew!

the next generation crew!  at least us parents hope so.

the men

and the lovely ladies.

 
someone said make a kiss face, but apparently one of us heard "fish face."
 
these girls are so fun!

 

brooklin's preschool program was a little different.  the story of Christ's birth was told by the animals who witnessed it.  it was fun to have the animals' account and perspective.  brooklin was picked to be a sheep and we made her costume.  I know I swore off making costumes, but I was kind of expected to by her teachers, and there was no sewing involved, just a ton of cotton balls and hot glue! 
 
 
doesn't she make an adorable sheep?
 


 

 
 
 
sadly, I didn't get brooklin's speaking part on film, but she did an excellent job.  her line was "let's start walking.  the shepherds will follow us, they always do."  it was so fun watching the kids perform what they had been working on for so long.  and the costumes were just great.  I got a video of all the kids coming down off the stage, but for some reason blogger won't upload that one.  sad.

No comments: