we went to the tree farm with our pals the lydiards and the dahlstroms, and we set out to find our perfect tree. as per usual, we found ours first, then the dahlstroms, closely followed by the lydiards. i guess we really aren't that hard to please, and it helps that scott and i have the same idea when it comes to the perfect christmas tree. we like the grand firs becuase they're nice and full and a beautiful rich green color. there is one thing we had a hard time agreeing on this year. scott wanted a smaller one and i like tall ones. plus, i was afraid that a smaller one might be more inviting and less intimidating to our furry little friend. we ended up compromising. we found one that was a little shorter than last years, but still taller than me. :)
i did all the decorating myself, while brookie napped and she was pleasantly suprised when she woke up from her nap to find this.
i'm hoping to include her in the decorating next year, if i can overcome my ocd. j/k and so far, graycie has been an angel. well... she still gets up on the counter tops, but at least our tree is still intact. she really likes to hide under it, and i guess she thinks that the stand is a new humongous water bowl for her. okay, i was probably fretting over nothing. she may even be a little sad when the tree leaves in a couple weeks.
p.s. thanks JoJo for being our delivery guy, you're a stud!
4 comments:
Your tree is so perfect! I had to re-decorate ours after the girls were in bed due to their "help"!
A giant watering bowl is definitely better than thinking it's a giant litter box! I got a kitty for Christmas one year-my junior or senior I think-and we always had live trees with dirt in the stand/bucket. That darn cat thought it was her personal litter box!
I didn't realize if I deleted a comment it would leave such a cryptic message behind. Anyway, here is what I wrote, "I have a feeling we'll always be the goofy family. You guys are always so well prepared and behaved. I like our role. Yours too. It'll be interesting to see which way those Lydiards go when they have kids." I was just going to add that I think our comments work now on our blog.
That is sooo cute! I love that you put your name on it! Its perfect. And I agree. Christmas is so much better with a pretty tree to look at. I love coming home and the first thing i see is our Christmas Tree. Getting anxious for the 22nd! Cant wait to see you!!!! xoxoxo
Post a Comment