ornaments i made to spell out our name. just in case anyone forgets who's house they're in. :)
scott's gingerbread house
and mine
paper snowflakes
a handprint wreath, using scott, mine and brooklin's handprints.
and santa's house that brooklin helped me put together. and when i say help, i really mean i let her play with all of the scraps i didn't need to assemble the thing.
i also made a blanket for brooklin, but forgot to take pictures before i wrapped it and stuck it under the tree, so i'll have to wait to post pictures of it. it was my first time making a blanket and i was so proud of the way it turned out. i really hope she likes it.
i love being able to create, even if it is something as simple as a paper snowflake. my mom always tried to tell me i was creative, and i guess i never really wanted to believe her because i felt like if i really thought that i was, then i would have to put forth a lot of time and effort into doing "crafty" things. but i've begun to figure out that i do like being creative, and i have a hard time doing things "simply." this is a trait i definitely get from my mother. i am nowhere near as great as she is, but maybe someday. ;)
4 comments:
i love that you're feeling crafty. all us girls can get together every once in a while and make stuff! the paper snowflakes turned out great, and the wreath is a great idea!!
I wish I got the creative gene! Everything looks so awesome! Maybe you should spread the love and help me make stuff :) I love the houses! You guys did so great!
I love the name ornaments. What a cute idea. I am making one of those wreaths too but I just used the kids' hands. I should have used ours too because I havn't finished it yet...lots and lots of cutting little corners my hand was hurting and I stopped.
Great job!
Wow those look really nice. I wonder if Grandma would care if I put a giant "York" on her christmas tree.
Post a Comment