Sunday, October 26, 2008

pumpkin party!


last night we had our annual pumpkin carving party with our friends the lydiards and the dahlstrom clan. the calders were able to join us via webcam for a few minutes. we had lots of yummy food including a really good pumpkin dip. who would've thought to make a dip with pumpkin in it? i guess you could add pumpkin to just about everything. the pumpkin carving was a blast. the dahlstrom boys loved playing in the guts. they just kept scooping them out and then putting them back in. jax told me he was making pumpkin soup. luckily he didn't want to share.
once again, scott's pumpkin is way better than mine. i told myself that this year i was going to carve something really cool in my pumpkin, and i was really going to take my time, and it was going to be something i was proud of but by the time it was my turn to carve and i could pass brooklin off to scott, it was way past her bedtime and she was getting really fussy. i felt really bad so i just carved a stupid face again this year. i was very disappointed. on the way home scott could tell i was a little sad about my stupid face, and he told me i could go out and buy another pumpkin. so stay tuned to see my real pumpkin. this was just a practice!



3 comments:

Tif said...

Of course Soctty had to go and steal your pumpking thunder. Gosh.

Glad we could join you, even if it was for just a minute. Girls were up past their bed time, but so excited to see everyone. Can't wait to see y'all in just a few weeks! Oh, and can't wait to see your re-do on the pumpkin scene!

Kristine said...

Just so you know, our pumpkin turned out way lame this year.. I told Ale I wanted a redo. On a side note, your hair looks super cute. I've found that Utah is a cute hair killer. I hope the next place we live will make my hair look cute again, instead of flat and static.

Bonnie and Tyler said...

That's a lot of Punkins!! I think sometimes they are overrated though. I just did a simple face too. I like yours. Simple is good sometimes. Miss you!